- Software Development
- IT Management
Do you have questions concerning your IT needs? I could provide some insights on how to put different bits and pieces together. Service architecture, cost-efficient infrastructure, robust software stacks, people, recruitment, setting up and optimization of processes. Find me an interesting problem, I might have a solution.
While my time is limited I like to take up a project from time to time. Get me interested, show how it benefits your customers. With the right tech stack and sufficient level of challenge I may be available to help.
Some servers running that need on-going administration, care and monitoring? Need some individual, focused approach that service provider's customer service just cannot provide? Maybe I'm the person who can do that for you.
Scroll down to contact section for enquiries.
With years of experience I developed expertise from programming, through operations and finally into technical leadership and management. I had opportunities to gain knowledge in every aspect of software development.
I'm an engineer at heart, finding a lot of fun in creating things and making them happen. Software, processes, teams or even car audio system - I like to analyze, tinker and improve efficiency. Keeping in touch with technology is very important to me and constantly learning new things both at work and as a hobby.
I'm currently settled in Cambridge, UK area.
Below you'll find preference-based selection of my skills and tools for every area of software development I have experience with.
- Kotlin/Java with Spring Framework
- TypeScript with Angular, Node.js
- Angular Material
- CSS3 with SASS, semantic HTML5
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Message brokers: AMQ, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ
- Multi-server, scalable, cloud (AWS), Docker
- Analysis: Gatling, VisualVM, Sonar
- GIT, GitHub, Bitbucket
- Some buzzwords I like: Clean Code, Design Patterns,
TDD, DDD, CI, micro-services
- Technical leadership, teams up to 10 people
- Progress evaluation, personal development, trainings, coaching
- IT Budget planning and execution
- Setting up development process, metrics
- Recruitment process
- Certified Professional Scrum Master
- Certified ITIL v3
- Situational Leadership (SLII)
- ELK stack for logs/metrics
- Chef, Amazon OpsWorks, Docker, Terraform
- OSes: Ubuntu, Windows
- Scripting: Bash, Python
- Services: web servers, database clusters, mail servers, etc.
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Shippable
University of Cambridge, Psychometrics Centre
2013-present - Chief Software Engineer
Cambridge Judge Business School, Executive Education, Ltd.
- Hands-on experience developing projects/services (Java)
- Hands-on operations (AWS, physical servers), CI/CD, monitoring (ELK stack, Zabbix)
- Working with researches and business development to create market-ready products out of research papers
- Recruitment, contractor selection, supporting collaboration with business clients
- Lead small, distributed development team
- Supporting research with tools/expertise around data mining and processing
Allegro Group2008-2013 - Senior Software Developer, Development Team Manager
- Managing team of 10 software developers, web developers, QA specialists
- Technical ownership of a product with a large user base - oferia.pl and some internal services
- Contributions to other products in the company portfolio - otomoto.pl, cokupic.pl
- Lots of personal development, hard and soft skills, certifications
- Lots of Agile methodology in theory and practice
- Hands-on software development (PHP, then transition to Java)
- Overall great company, I only left because I wanted to move out of Poland